Requirements for provider agencies and participants are both spelled out in the MassHealth Adult Foster Care manual.
To be eligible, member organizations must:
- Be authorized to conduct business in Massachusetts.
- Be an agency that delivers health and human services to seniors or disabled populations.
- Be equipped to accept MassHealth payments in full for all Adult Foster Care services.
- Evaluate, train and support the Adult Foster Care caregiver.
- Conduct on-site visits of the proposed settings.
- Conduct an annual evaluation and assessment to ensure the settings meet all MassHealth requirements.
To qualify for the services of an Adult Foster Care provider, a potential participant must receive a physician's order detailing the participant's specific daily needs. The agency providers who administer the program offer these and other services to participants through the registered nurse and care manager team members:
- Bathing, dressing and transferring.
- Meal preparation, shopping and transportation.
- Nursing services and oversight.